Thursday



Thursday, we went to St. Anselm college for a tour. It had snowed so much the night before that we had a snow ball fight on our way into the college. Then we went to our Pete office and were assigned our turf for canvassing. I had such a great experience! A lot of Pete supporters in this area. The thing about canvassing is that you are walking for hours in the freezing cold, up and down hills. Maybe one in five houses answer the door, if that. Of the people that answered the door, the majority of them were undecided or had Pete in their top two choices. When you meet an undecided voter, it is up to you to persuade them onto #teampete. Every time that I went out canvassing, I found that I got better and better at talking to people. I have to admit that it was way out of my comfort zone to be the one to start a conversation. Now I feel like a pro. This trip has made me a much more outgoing person. After canvassing we went to the Manchester office to make phone calls for the remainder of the day. While we were phone banking a news crew came into the office to show the public what we were doing behind the scenes to get ready for voting day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Evening

Tuesday Morning

Homeward-bound