Tuesday Morning


Tuesday is the day that we had been working towards all week and a half. We woke up before the crack of dawn around 5 AM. We drove all the way to Hopkinton High School which was a polling location that Pete was planning to visit at 7 AM. I’m so glad we were able to make it because I was able to get a selfie with him and he brought us donuts!
 






Next, we went to Dunkin Donuts and on our way out of town we spotted this cute, covered bridge. JSM wanted to take a picture so we pulled over. While trying to take the picture a nice gentleman pulled over to offer to take the picture for us. I asked him if he was planning on voting and he said “yes”. When I asked who he was voting for he told me he was undecided. So, I told him a little about Pete and I got his phone number and sent him videos of Pete speaking from the rally the night before in Nashua.


After getting to the Manchester office we got to work on the phones calling to see if people had a plan for getting to the polls. The thing about phone banking is that it is not that effective. Talking to someone over the phone and in person has two different effects. Also, the percentage of calls that are actually answered, thanks to caller ID, is very low. One day I had made 153 calls and I think I had less than 15 people answer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tuesday Evening

Homeward-bound